Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving + Project Updates

Kittens, Thanksgiving has come and gone!  I did a small version this year, but it sure was yummy.  We had roast chicken:


Dressing (a little burnt...wrong oven setting, whoops):


Candied sweet potatoes:


And green beans with onions and Parmesan (eventually):


Ta da!


My food photography skills need some improving, but the food was delicious. :)  No pumpkin pie this year.  The candied yams are plenty sugary and it was just the two of us...

And look, my embroidery project is nearly, nearly done!! It needs to be finished within the next three weeks, so I need to keep my momentum going.


Plus I picked up my knitting needles again, for the first time since May, to start working on the body of the February Fitted pullover.  I messed up a bit during the decreasing/increasing part for the waist, but hopefully it won't show too badly. 


Otherwise, it's a fast and agreeable knit.  Maybe it will even be finished by February (cough, cough!) :)

Hey, what do you think of the new blog background?  I was going for something more autumnal...

4 comments:

  1. Yum! Happy Thanksgiving! I really like the blog background- I noticed it right away! The colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the old one too, but a girl just likes to change sometimes. ;)

      Delete
  2. Your Thanksgiving feast looks very yummy! :) I like the new background, too. The colour reminds me of pomegranates...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very pomegranatey, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete