Friday, January 30, 2015

Wearing the Beignet

For those of you who may have visited my blog in the past 30 days, sorry about the black background!  I thought I was just having loading problems; I didn't realize that I had lost the blog template.  Anyhow, I've replaced the background but I think it's just a temporary fix.  I would prefer something more colorful, but I haven't found exactly what I want yet.

Anyhow, as mentioned in the title, here's my Beignet, finally finished, on the first day I wore it:


One panel is completely hidden because I decided just to overlap the two sides to solve the "skirt is too big" problem.  It's a bit unbalanced, but maybe we can just call it asymmetric.  That's trendy, right?

Smoke effect is for free.  Just ask a smoker to take the picture.

If I were to make another version (unlikely), I believe I would go for a shorter length.  But the high-waist thing is really not for me.  And sewing all those buttonholes, yikes!!

5 comments:

  1. Yes, call.it a deliberate asymmetric design feature! The colour and shape look good and very versatile. I don't envy you those button holes tho xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...I had to attach and reattach the buttons several times!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks like a great basic piece, assymetry or not. The shape looks really good on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! I'm looking for another pencil skirt pattern with pockets - but less buttons!!

      Delete
  4. I love this pattern! But you are right...sewing all that buttonholes...my god!
    I think that you can wear it without problems, I don´t see the asymmetry.

    ReplyDelete