Saturday, February 6, 2016

Elemental Boatneck Knitted Top

I finally finished weaving in all the ends and today is sunny, so I took some pictures of my handknitted top, which I made using the Elemental Boatneck pattern by Hannah Fettig.  It's from Interweave Knits magazine Summer 2009.  The yarn is Cascade Ultra Pima and was agreeable to work with.  See?  I'm smiling!


It turned out waaay more fitted than the magazine model.  Perhaps I should've gone up a size! But I'm happy with the result.  It's a different silhouette than I was going for, but I can deal with it. 


As you can see, I match my room decor.  Plus, photography with cats!  There's another knitted work in progress just to the right of her.


I had to knit and reknit the sleeves many times, at first because I goofed up the pattern, and then because I ran out of yarn.  I calculated how long I could make them and still be able to finish up the body and seaming.  Turns out I calculated wrong, so I had to unravel them and go even shorter! 

I'd prefer the sleeves to be a bit longer, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. 

A couple of mirror views:



I'm hoping to finish up another nearly-done knitting project soon...just need to unbury the instructions!  Now where did I put them??

3 comments: