Sunday, April 24, 2016

Jewelry Making + a Sneak Peek

I've been refreshing my jewelry-making skills.  Here's my most recent creation (last night, ha!) all curled up resting while the glue is drying.  Speaking of, the close-up helps me see a glob there to scrape off!


I was inspired by a tutorial I spotted on Pinterest.  I didn't quite have the materials on hand to follow the tutorial to the letter, so I adapted it to make use of what I have, but I'm pretty happy with the result.  It's a double-wrap bracelet.  I was going for a necklace, but it turned out a wee too small for that.  Measure twice, cut once, whoops!

I plan to actually follow the tutorial to the letter one day though, and when I do I'll link to it.


So basically the bracelet is made from braids of embroidery floss, plus some beaded yarn, and a length of chain.  I had thought about adding some dangling beads, but I think this bracelet has enough going on already.  Oh yeah, plus I threaded some hardware along the floss to punk it up a little.

And here's a sneak peek of a sewing project I finally finished today.  It had sat nearly finished for several weeks.  I just didn't have the time to get to it before that!  And who knows when I'll get photos with a model...so for now, feast your eyes on another close-up:


And I hope you're all ready for the week ahead!


1 comment: