Color Work

I fell off the bandwagon a bit with the Colette Wardrobe Architect project, but I'm back now!

I recently made these color palettes for the fall season, using the Colour Lovers website :




And several years ago I made this bright palette, which I think still represent my colors for spring and summer...


You can see a repetition of colors in various tonalities, like the greens.  And I don't seem to have any purples, but I quite like purple.  It's true that I don't have much in my wardrobe though.

Anyhow, I've been to the bead shop that's a stone's throw away from my apartment to get some supplies for my WIPs.

Goodies:




And, of course, what would I do without my precious cat help?


And now to completely change subjects, I would just like to acknowledge the enormous tensions in France nowadays.  Today there are more student protests against a proposed labor law and law enforcement has decided to use tear gas in Rennes...

I say tensions in France, but I should say in the world.  Every day there is a new tragedy.  I find myself at a loss for words.  I am grieved, shocked, outraged; I think I feel rather powerless in the face of it all.  I drove past the Bataclan in Paris the other day...and I couldn't help but think that life goes on in spite of it all.  New babies are born; new discoveries are made; some people make peace and others war.

In fact, the ongoing project that I've been working on was born as a direct result of the massacre at the Bataclan.  Not to say that the theme is related, but just that I reacted to it with a newfound passion for life, and a lessening of inner criticisms.  And it's helped me reconnect with my meditation practice and walk the walk, do the work, so to speak.

So here's a big hug to all my readers and the universe in general.  Bisous tout le monde, I'm wishing you well!!!!!

Comments

  1. Ooh, jewellery making! And I like your colour schemes. :-) Shocking, how much more political everyday life has become in the last couple of years, isn't it? Hugs from Germany!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts