Bound Seams

This blog helped me figure out how to do bound seams: http://hoppobumpo.blogspot.com/2009/02/seam-along-week-3-bound-seams.html. Though I'm still a bit fuzzy on the difference between bound seams and Hong Kong seams. I think I've been making bound seams, but I definitely haven't mastered the technique. I've had to each seam twice and they still look a little wonky. The goal is to make the insides look better, but I don't think I'm there yet! And as it's taking a long time to do, I'm questioning if this is even improving the project...



You can see the top part of this seam is much better than the bottom part. I managed to sew along the same line for both sides. This is the ideal. I haven't been able to make it work every time though, despite multiple attempts.

I've also started sewing on elbow patches to another sweater. Happily this is going much faster than the last time.




I have one more seam to bind, then it's on the sleeves (I think). But I'd like to go to this craft fair today and that'll cut into my good sun time: http://www.salon-loisirs-creatifs-orleans.fr/
I don't have much light in my work area (a.k.a. the dining room) this time of year, so I have a span of about 3 hours during which it's bright enough to sew.

P.S. I'm still fiddling with my blog. Now I'm having trouble adding captions to the photos...and the website link doesn't want to work. And of course, I'm still struggling with the widget!

Comments

Popular Posts