Beaded Fingerless Gloves: une vision "longue durée" d'un projet

Looking back on where and when this project originated, I realized that things can take a long time to come to fruition!  

I bought this yarn for another project back in 2009 and I completed that project the following year.  Seems like a reasonable time span.

I had enough yarn left over to use it on an additional project, which I started (and completed) in 2016.  BUT, it's taken me until now - four years later!! - to get decent photos of that second project!  And the bigger project for which I made these fingerless gloves has since fallen by the wayside.

This is a reminder to me that nothing has to be lost; the work (and money) I put into the project didn't end up where I expected, but it was fruitful in its own way.  Often I buy fabric or yarn intending to use it for a specific purpose and then I change my plans along the way.  To me, this is an essential and joyful part of the creative process; I enjoy looking back to where materials and projects originally came from, and seeing where they finally ended up.

Basically, I am happy to finally share some decent photos of this - singular - fingerless glove!



The yarn is called American Beauty by Tilli Tomas; it is handpainted and beaded.  The pattern I used originally appeared in Vogue Knitting, Fall 2010.  The designer is Shiri Mor; here's a link to the pattern in Ravelry.

The glove is normally opera-length, but as I imagine you guessed, I ran out of yarn!  Since this was just supposed to be a fun design accessory, that wasn't critical.  It wasn't even important that I only had enough for one glove; I just thought of Michael Jackson's famous glove as inspiration/justification!



Thanks to my friend So-So for being my hand model!  We finally did justice to this beautiful yarn and pattern.  Now maybe I can think about buying some more and knitting a proper pair for myself.  You know, for all those fancy soirées that I regularly attend!  This deep red color is perhaps more appropriate for a séance though...

Comments

Popular Posts