Me-Made-May Outfits: Days 6 - 11

I had some good days and some bad days. I managed to work in at least one me-made that I hardly ever wear, but for that shirt (the first I ever made!), I think I really need to accept that its quality is not such that I like wearing it in public. I just need to put it in the pile to be repurposed; the fabric itself is still perfectly good.


I managed to wear my Lotus Cami shirt, a shirt I've only worn once or twice before. I have trouble wearing it because I'm not happy with the fit. But I wore it with this little grey cardi and I'm happy with that combination.

I also wore my paisley bow-tie shirt with my black skirt, which I've never done before, except (funnily enough) when I took blog photos to model the newly finished black skirt. :)

But, other than that, I didn't do much that was new in terms of styling.

The weather was weird for this period. You can see that for two days I was wearing sweaters, and then suddenly I'm in short sleeves outside! It got really warm on Thursday, but the weather is supposed to take a dive again.

I did manage to get a slightly more interesting photo for the Friday challenge. I went to a weird junkyard that's along the river and took an arms-length self-portrait.

So my challenge this coming week is to style things better!

Here are the stats for the outfits:

Day 6: Lotus Cami (Amy Butler pattern)
Day 7: skirt is Simplicity 2655; top is Simplicity 2614
Day 8: sweater is hand-knit using the Thermal pattern by Laura Chau; the shirt is Built by Wendy Simplicity 4112
Day 9: same skirt as in Day 7; sweater is the Tilted Duster pattern by Norah Gaughan
Day 10: top is New Look 6808
Day 11: top is Built by Wendy Simplicity 3964

Comments

  1. I think you've had a great week, all your outfits are terrific! You have a very distinct style of your own that is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the good weather! I really like Friday's top and the paisley blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GReat outfits - the bow blouse looks very chic. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bow blouse is still one of my faves, I think :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts