Modelled: a Cynthia Rowley skirt for Simplicity

Remember the skirt that I made for my friend out of the blue silk? I used Simplicity 2512. I finished it back in March but forgot to bring my camera when I delivered her the skirt. Well, my friend got some time off work so I went up to Paris yesterday to visit her and I remembered my camera this time!

Without further ado, here are the results of our mini photo-shoot. That day she was actually wearing the red cotton trial-version that I made, so we started with it first. Apparently she gets a lot of use out of the cotton one! I was glad to hear that it has been doubly purposeful :)


Here's a close-up:


And here's the 'real' version in the blue silk:


My friend was a model in her younger days. I think she's still got it, don't you? :)

And here's the skirt paired with a jacket that she purchased to go with it. I think the colors are spot-on and I hope she gets a lot of use out of it come fall.


It's such a pleasure knowing that things I've made for other people actually get worn!

As a side note, after our photo-shoot we went to the Gerhard Richter exhibit at the Centre Pompidou/Beaubourg Museum. We both loved the exhibit and we both noticed that tons of people were taking photos of the paintings. I think I can safely say that this is a no-no at most museums so we were kinda bewildered. There were individual paintings that had no-photography signs, but other than those, the artwork seemed to be fair game and the docents were not reprimanding people. And they do not hesitate to reprimand people if it's not allowed! The Beaubourg building is beautiful and spacious inside and has lovely light (and lovely views of Paris), so we both agreed that we'd use it as a locale for our next photo-shoot, whenever that may be! :)

In other news, I just finished another shirt (for me), so hopefully I'll get some photos of that soon. I've been cooking with gas at the sewing machine lately and I hope to ride the wave to further success because I have a long sewing list! Wow, how was that sentence for mixed metaphors?!

Comments

  1. Sounds like a fabulously fun day! Both skirts are lovely; the blue silk is so chic. Your friend looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I love that skirt! She needs to wear it for me- that pattrn would give me hips for days! I can't wait to see your latest projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your friend is beautiful! I love these skirts! They really look great on her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous skirts! Your friend looks cute, and so professional! And yes, it´s a great pleasure when you know that they like the garments sewed by you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The skirts look gorgeous, I especially love the red skirt. Your friend is very beautiful! And lucky! I am curious about the Gerhard Richter exhibition, he is a fascinating artist. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The skirts are lovely on your gorgeous friend! The blue one works perfectly with that fantastic jacket - a great ensemble! Well done, Donna!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts