I was inspired by this post to show some of my in-progress works. Right now I have some giant messes on my hands...
This is being frogged because of the two different colors of red yarn (noticed too late in the game, n'est-ce pas):
For some reason I am unable to find that one thread to just pull and unravel it all, so I'm forced to unknit it really. Very time-consuming. And odd. This was a project from a Rowan magazine that had so much potential, but the result was bad, bad, bad.
In addition to the two different colors of red, the neckline turned out super funky. I think I'm not good at decreasing into a V-neck while maintaining a lace pattern...
And this project is another mess. I feel like there's a mistake in the calculations somewhere (or possibly it's just me) because I've started it twice and followed the directions very faithfully (I believe) and the anchor-motif at the join gets messed up every time.
I started it a third time and tried eliminating all the decreases, but that still didn't work. And there are no comments about this being a problem in Ravelry, so I think it's just me. But still, it's not working and I don't know why, so it's being unraveled. At least this one unravels easily!
And there's never two without three (or four, or five), so this project needs starting over a third time as it is still too small ... I think.
So basically I need a win. I need to make something relatively simple and from my stash. OK, here I go back to trolling my Ravelry queue. :P