Fall Knitting

I don't have much time for sewing, but I do have the odd 20 minutes free here and there, and that's perfect for knitting something not-too-complicated.  I'm in the middle of several lace projects, but that doesn't match the "not-too-complicated" requirement and I find that lace knitting doesn't really respond well to frequent interruptions.

I have quite a bit of yarn in my stash so I wanted to use it rather than spending more money needlessly!  What can you do with a lot of different colors of yarn?!?  Why, stripes of course!!  So I've embarked upon some stripe-knitting, inspired by my stash/fall colors.


I decided on the above stripe pattern, by arranging and re-arranging my balls of yarn.  And I matched up the yarn with a pattern, the Bethany Wrap from Interweave Knits summer 2012.  The original is knit in cotton but there are several examples of knitters adapting it to wool successfully, so I'm having a go.

I'm using Rowan yarn as well as left-over Mission Falls of similar weight.  I'm sad that Mission Falls is no longer around, I love their product!


So far, this is the result.  I may go back and add some ribbing on the bottom to keep it from rolling up like that; I hate the rolling up.  But I think the stripe sequence is successful.


And a cat picture, just because, with some plants enjoying the sun outside on the window ledge.  Gotta catch the rays while there are still rays to catch!!  Happy Halloween everyone!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts