Another spoiler alert for the dotted shirt! I finally finished the sash and the buttons today, but not without casualties. I made one sash and it turned out awwwwful - not at all what I wanted!
I had forgotten that in making the sash, you fold it in half lengthwise. I didn't have enough of the spotted fabric left to cover one length...I could've patched something together, but I didn't want multiple seams in the sash.
Here's the ridiculous first sash in action:
Here I am modeling the sash on the first dotted shirt (i.e. mine). Looks silly, right?
Sorry for the poor quality photograph. Flash. And apparently our mirror needs cleaning.
Of course I didn't figure out that the sash was going to look ridiculous until it was nearly finished! That's how it goes :) So I decided to go with a solid-color contrast sash.
But now this project is done, yippee!
And another project was finished this week: the blue sweater.
Check out that zipper:
I am really happy with the result. There's some rough spots, but I think I did a good job seaming it up. That part took forever. T. is also pleased with the result; he wore it straight away the next day.
He's even requested two others: one green, one brown. But I told him I'd prefer to do a different pattern. I find it rather boring to do the same pattern more than once. I also told him that I want to finish a sweater for me first! He's gotten two and I have only one that I made in 2008. I think it's my turn.
I do have some future projects planned for him though. I want to do the Cobblestone Pullover by Jared Flood. I even have the yarn already.
I'm happy with my work this week and glad that I got everything done before leaving for a ski holiday in the Pyrenees. Not that I'll be skiing, of course.