12 in 2012

You may have already noticed my Goodreads widget on the right side of my blog. Last year I challenged myself to read 35(??) books, and I accomplished it. This year I've challenged myself to finish 45 books. So far I'm 3% (or 1 book) behind schedule. :)

In addition to this challenge, I'm also going to participate in the 12 in 12 Challenge.


But I think I'm going to modify the parameters. The original challenge is to either: a) read 12 books in 12 months, each book over 600 pages; or, b) read 12 classics (whatever that means) in 12 months. I think I may end up combining the two and reading 6 books of 600+ pages and 6 classics.

Comments

  1. Good luck and enjoy your new challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great challenge! Do you have any bookclubs in your area? i belong to one started up by a friend, which ensures we all read at least one book a month. It's fantastic, and lots of fun (especially if we only discuss the book for a short time...;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Have you picked out which classics you're going to read?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Carolyn: there might be a bookclub, I haven't looked into it. Truth be told, I don't like having to read what others decide for me on a specific timeline. I think because my degree in literature obliged me to read what others wanted me to, I buck against doing it now. :)

    @Andi: I haven't really picked out the classics yet. I'm thinking Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell and Rob Roy by Sir Walter Scott. Do you have any recommendations? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I'm doing the 12 in 12 too, aiming for long books, but may do a few classics here and there instead. I just finished up 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami for my first read and have A Man without Qualities lined up for my second read. For my third, well, I'm not sure... Like Urban Rustic, I don't want to buy any new books for this. For classics, if you haven't read (or fancy re-reading), what about Trollope? A few of his would also fulfill the 600+ pages rule. :-) Or Wilkie Collins' Armadale? Kind of trashy but definitely a classic and lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts