I didn't have time to finish the jacket in class before the end of the school year. And I don't want to work on it unsupervised, so it's going to live in the closet until class starts up again in September.
I finished the lining, attaching to it the interior decorative panel of velvet.
It was very tricky working with the lining fabric and the velvet at the same time. The velvet was sliding all over the place. I had the same problem working with the velvet and the wool, but to a lesser degree.
And I was just able to put on the velvet on the inside of one sleeve cuff. That too was difficult, but differently difficult. The two fabrics together are very thick. The cuff is not quite finished, but you can get the idea:
I'm happy with it so far, but clearly I did not pick the easiest jacket pattern! After all this work, it seems a shame to have a jacket without pockets (there are none included in the pattern) so I'm thinking of adding patch pockets after the fact. If they don't ruin the overall aesthetic of the jacket with its beautiful princess seams.