This time I made the long-sleeve version, just in time for fall.
The shirt came together easily, EXCEPT that I had to match up the stripes. That was a bit of a pain. I think I did a good job at the back yoke, but I couldn't even try at the sleeve heads. Here's the back (I know it's not ironed...it was, but it got all wrinkly again in a heartbeat):
And speaking of sleeves, I made them too long. I cut them out as indicated for the large size, and it turns out that they're about 2 inches too long for T's arms. I didn't double-check with my measurements before cutting. Whoops. Well, I'll know for next time because I will be making another long-sleeve version. But not any time soon!
I could've finished this weeks and weeks ago, but I didn't want to make the pockets. I saved them for last because I really didn't want to do them. I have no idea why because they aren't difficult. Plus, I cut them out on the bias so I didn't even have to match the stripes. Go figure. I'm cutting the yoke on the next bias next to add some visual interest, and to avoid all that stripe matching!
For the next version I just need to remember to draft a collar stand. T. had requested one for this version but I completely forgot. It looks okay without one, but I think the shirt will look more like office-wear with a collar stand.
I can't believe the first week of October has already come and gone. Look at those gorgeous leaves though!