Book Challenge Progress: 2 out of 12 Categories

I haven't been crafting much, but I have been able to get some reading done.  Thank you long bus rides!  Granted, I haven't gotten as much done as I had hoped, but nevertheless, I've finished off two categories for my Eclectic Reader Challenge.


Urban Fantasy:

Pale Demon and A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison

Image is from Amazon.com.

I'm not being very efficient; that's two books for one category.  And the next category is even worse: three books!

I love this Kim Harrison series.  The cover is pretty trashy, but that's okay.  Anyhow, if you like slightly silly fantasy stories set in Cincinnati, then this is for you. ;)  Sorry, I'm terrible at book reviews!

Romantic Suspense:

Blameless, Heartless and Timeless by Gail Carriger

Image is from Amazon.com.
I would categorize this series as fantasy steampunk.  Meaning, it's set in Victorian England and there are some fancy gadgets that are ahead of their time, plus werewolves and vampires and such like.  And some pretty awesome descriptions of hats.   The suspense and the romance elements are sufficiently strong that I'm letting myself label the books as "Romantic Suspense" for the purposes of this challenge.  That's a pretty broad category in any case. ;)

I love this series too.  I don't know what I'm going to do because both the above series are coming to an end!!

 Anyhow, the 10 categories left are:

  1. Translated fiction
  2. Historical mystery
  3. Romantic suspense
  4. Made into a movie
  5. New Adult
  6. Urban Fantasy
  7. Dystopian
  8. Memoir
  9. LGBT
  10. Action Adventure
  11. Humour
  12. Published in 2013
Do you think I can count the Watchmen graphic novels as dystopian?  I think I can...

Plus, here I am Claiming My Blog in Bloglovin'...which is apparently a separate thing.

Comments

  1. I love the Carriger series! I can't wait for the Protectorate Abroad to start- so giddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for that too. I think it's going to center around Prudence, right?

      Delete
  2. Romantic suspense fantasy steampunk? Sounds like fun! I'm currently (re)reading all of Agatha Christie's mystery novels. Does that count as historic?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts