What's Going On: Projects and Experiments

I've been lucky enough to have some finished projects to share lately, but today I just have some Works in Progress.

I've been doing quite a bit of experimenting with patchwork and quilting.  I have a quilt top which is entirely pieced but I need to decide what kind of quilting design to use.

This is my experiment with a swirly hand-drawn design, trying to mimic some of the foliage on the fabrics:

I used a contrast silvery thread as well as a more neutral-colored thread.  The contrast thread is growing on me, as is the swirly quilting design.

The other version is a simple outline design:

And I've been experimenting with some other quilt piecing, using fabric scraps:


 Lastly is a knitted tee-shirt for this coming spring/summer.  I'm using the Malaquite Tee pattern by Amy Gunderson from the Interweave Summer 2019 magazine.  You can check it out on the Interweave page here. 

 

I already finished it to this point once before - in the 42 inch size - only to decide it was way too big, so I unraveled it and started again.  The next size down is 37 and a quarter inches.  As that is a fairly big difference I decided to only go down one size and not go overboard.  The finished tube looks pretty roomy but it is designed with almost 6 inches of positive ease so I think it's normal.  I'm going to keep it like this and start on the sleeves.

Here's hoping that I'll have something finished soon enough, but even if I don't, experimenting with fabric and yarn is always a salve to my soul!

Comments

Popular Posts