Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Elbow Patches Revisited


I wasn't happy with my first attempt at sewing on the elbow patch, so I took our the seam ripper and undid it, and tried again. This time it worked out much better.



It helped doing a couple stitches on one side, then a couple on another side, then on the top, and then on the bottom. And then going back and connecting it all. It made the patch more stable and I was able to prevent it from puckering. Plus now the patch is better centered on the elbow.



In other news, I still haven't been able to integrate the widget into the blog, wahh! I haven't given up though. And now, only three more sweaters await their elbow patches...

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the successful elbow patches!

    Maybe I'm dense, but what widget are you trying to incorporate, anyway?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to put a thingy on that connects to my Good Reads currently-reading bookshelf. They have the code and everything that you're supposed to be able to just cut and paste, but it doesn't want to work. I'm sure there must be a way, but both of us have spent several hours on it and no luck. We fix one error code only to get another one, and so on and so on! But I know it works on blogspot 'cuz I've seen it on there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to be working now? Right?
    I've read Kokoro and Botchan by Soseki. I enjoyed them both, even if they were ultra subtle and quite calm. The problem is that I barely remember anything. :-S I need slap-in-the-face Western literature, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I finally figured it out. And of course it was super simple to do. I was trying to alter the html in the wrong place.

    So far I really the book, but as you say, quite calm and subtle. I don't know anything about Soseki, I was just attracted by the title :)

    ReplyDelete