My New Crafty Business: Fil Volant!

Today I want to share some exciting news!  I’ve started an on-line business specializing in quilting fabrics and supplies, called Fil Volant.  I’m also putting together a line of my own patchwork patterns, of which the first one is available, called Jeu de Miroir.  I posted here about the development of this pattern back in March, but in reality, it's been months and months in the making.  There are a couple of photos below, but there are a lot more on the blog on the Fil Volant website.

You can visit the website at Fil Volant, the FB page at facebook.com/fil.volant or follow the links to the Instagram and Pinterest accounts.

My patchwork patterns are available for purchase to anyone with internet access, in both English and French, as downloadable PDF files.  However, for the time being, I can only ship the fabric and other tangible products to countries within the European Union.

 

I mean to continue this blog as a personal blog where I can talk about crafty things which may not be related to the business.  I love knitting, for example, and for the moment, there is no yarn at Fil Volant!  For posts related to Fil Volant, however, there is a dedicated blog over at that website.  Some crossover is probably inevitable, but I think it's important to maintain this space for myself independently of the business.

This new business has been – and remains – a real labor of love and this is just the beginning of the adventure.  So many people have been instrumental in helping me get to this point.  In honor of Mother’s Day in the US (a little late), I particularly want to honor my mom – Linda Hensley – who, sadly, didn’t live to see this project come to fruition, but without whom I never would have had the idea, or the courage, to attempt it.  

Much love and many thanks to everyone and I hope to see you over at the website!

Comments

Popular Posts