I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I've started attaching the lining to the jacket shell and I've put on the decorative velvet lining on the cuffs.
Here's the lining being attached:
And an overall view:
Here are the velvet cuffs:
I temporarily basted the velvet to the wool in order to help it settle in and find its place.
Here's what the insides are looking like, including my less-than-ideal point de chausson along the hem:
Here's a close-up on how I attached the shoulder pads. I don't remember what this particular stitch is called:
And, finally, here's a look at the back with the hem done:
Maybe I'll even have this jacket finished in time to wear it before spring arrives. :)