Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving

If you're not interested in food pictures, stop reading now! My friend Jo Ann invited us up to Paris to celebrate Thanksgiving on Sunday. She went all-out with an all-American turkey dinner. Even the sweet potatoes came from America, from South Carolina I think!

Feast your eyes on this turkey, 15 pounds!


And these yummy side dishes, all made from scratch:


The sweet potatoes with marshmallows threatened to overflow in the oven:


Here's an extreme close-up on my first plateful:


I definitely miss "traditional" home-cooking around this time of year, especially at Thanksgiving, more so even than at Christmas. It's amazing how food becomes a home away from home. :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow... I'm seriously drooling! Looks like a real feast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a feast! and how wonderful you got a taste of home again :) Marshmallows melted onto vegetables?? That is so US of A!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!!!!! I love food pictures.
    It´s incredible, but food inspires people, reminds past memories and meets friends...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely spread and none of that nasty canned cranberry gel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making my mouth water! What a lovely friend you have. Marshmallows on sweet potatoes is a new one for me...can you explain? Is it literally marshmallows on sweet potatoes?? xx

    ReplyDelete