Finally! I finished the muslin for McCall's M5522.
I really struggled with the sleeve plackets. I struggled a little with the cuffs (mainly because I didn't follow the directions well the first time). And they don't seem to lay quite right even though I made sure to label the sleeves as right and left and attach them appropriately. Maybe I need to rotate the sleeves caps a bit?
I was also unable to insert the sleeve caps flatly. I almost did it for the first one but the second one has pronounced gathers. I may just give up and try to do matching small gathers for the next version.
For the next version I will sew the back princess seams only 1 cm wide to try to adjust for the pooling in the small of the back.
Despite the imperfections I'm planning on wearing it. I already wear items with much worse problems!
And in other news, here's what I wore for Me Made March during the past seven days:
Here's all of my self-sewn shirts, except the red one I'm wearing today. They're waiting to be ironed, yikes!
Luckily the weather has warmed up a bit so I've been able to wear my short-sleeve shirts (with a cardigan, of course).
Some flowers, at last!