Sunday, March 20, 2011

Ta Da!

Here it is! This is my first piece for the Colette Spring Palette Challenge that is entirely finished. And it's not the end of March yet, amazing! I didn't think I'd be able to finish this weekend, but luckily I found what I needed at the grocery store this morning. :)


This white tank top is the only shirt I have that even remotely matches, which means that this skirt will be hibernating until, oh let's see, August. Unless, of course, I sew and/or knit something to go with it. Sewing would be faster...but why not do both? Sew a short-sleeve shirt and knit a little cardigan to go over it? Yeah so, like I said, I'll be wearing it in August!


Sorry for the not-so-great photos. T. was kind enough to take some for me, but I had a funny face and/or closed eyes in all of them (except the one). So I resorted to mirror trickery. Also, it's too damn cold to go outside in this outfit.

As far as the sewing, it went well except that I butchered the lapped zipper a little bit. But it only shows right up next to the top of the waist band, which will be covered up by a shirt. I'm considering doing a review for Pattern Review as some of the steps weren't explained very clearly.


In any case, the skirts sits higher on me than intended by the pattern makers because I cut too small a size. I should've cut a 12, but I cut a 10. The good news though is that if I ever lose weight the skirt will simply be lower down on the waist, but it will still fit. So this is a piece than can weather the ups and downs of weight fluctuation.

In other news, I've almost finished my Norah Gaughan sweater. I just need to sew in the sleeves, sew on the buttons and block it. It may turn out to be a little on the big side, but that's better than too small. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment