Friday, May 13, 2011

Brown Linen Skirt Completed

Simplicity 2367 is completed, as of this afternoon:


And I even wore it to work! I messed up the waistband so I have to fold it over when I wear it, but it's quite comfortable that way. Since I rarely tuck my shirt into skirts the folding shouldn't be obvious.


I figured out how to use the timer on my camera, but since I don't yet have a tripod, I'm still a little limited in my 'modeling' photos. One step at a time.

Speaking of having to model, Me Made June is just around the corner! I definitely do not have enough me-made hot weather clothes. I need to make either two more tops or one more pair of pants (and/or skirt) in order to have 7 items. I can't worry about repeating outfits; it's still a challenge to be able to wear something every day!

I like the pattern I just finished and it was completely my fault (a tired error) that I messed up the waist band. And rather than undo it and redo (which I could've easily done), I was curious to see how it'd turn out if I left it on upside down. Well, it turned out about how you'd think: kooky looking!

Anyhow, I'd like to make the pants that come with this pattern as well...that would involve front patch pockets, which I've never done.

4 comments:

  1. The skirt looks great, well done! Love the top you've matched it with, too. :-)

    I know what you mean about taking photos - I have to continuously convince my long-suffering boyfriend to take photos for me, as I don't have a tripod and the timer on my camera is for either too short or too long a time. Really need to figure that out sometime soon...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's a very plain skirt but that's what I needed. Now I need a black one and a white one :)

    Your photos are always interesting, so you and your boyfriend are doing a good job! I need to work on my staging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the skirt - it looks fabulous! And don't underestimate "plain" - it makes a great foundation for any ensemble :) Well done, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg I think you're right about it being a good foundation piece. I've been inspired by Vintage Girl's "Fill in the Gaps" challenge - I need more foundation pieces. But they're not as fun to make...I'll have to go for texture or tone-on-tone prints :)

    ReplyDelete