Brown Linen Skirt Completed

Simplicity 2367 is completed, as of this afternoon:


And I even wore it to work! I messed up the waistband so I have to fold it over when I wear it, but it's quite comfortable that way. Since I rarely tuck my shirt into skirts the folding shouldn't be obvious.


I figured out how to use the timer on my camera, but since I don't yet have a tripod, I'm still a little limited in my 'modeling' photos. One step at a time.

Speaking of having to model, Me Made June is just around the corner! I definitely do not have enough me-made hot weather clothes. I need to make either two more tops or one more pair of pants (and/or skirt) in order to have 7 items. I can't worry about repeating outfits; it's still a challenge to be able to wear something every day!

I like the pattern I just finished and it was completely my fault (a tired error) that I messed up the waist band. And rather than undo it and redo (which I could've easily done), I was curious to see how it'd turn out if I left it on upside down. Well, it turned out about how you'd think: kooky looking!

Anyhow, I'd like to make the pants that come with this pattern as well...that would involve front patch pockets, which I've never done.

Comments

  1. The skirt looks great, well done! Love the top you've matched it with, too. :-)

    I know what you mean about taking photos - I have to continuously convince my long-suffering boyfriend to take photos for me, as I don't have a tripod and the timer on my camera is for either too short or too long a time. Really need to figure that out sometime soon...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's a very plain skirt but that's what I needed. Now I need a black one and a white one :)

    Your photos are always interesting, so you and your boyfriend are doing a good job! I need to work on my staging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the skirt - it looks fabulous! And don't underestimate "plain" - it makes a great foundation for any ensemble :) Well done, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg I think you're right about it being a good foundation piece. I've been inspired by Vintage Girl's "Fill in the Gaps" challenge - I need more foundation pieces. But they're not as fun to make...I'll have to go for texture or tone-on-tone prints :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts