Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Pants are Finished (Simplicity 2656)

And I'm super happy with them!


You can see a diagonal wrinkle coming from the waist band. I have moved the (decorative) button placement since then so it is a little better. There is still a wrinkle but (I hope) it's not as bad.


And here's a back view:


I used an invisible zipper for the first time. It didn't end up so invisible, but I'm still happy with it. I inserted it using a technique I found on this blog: Annekata.

I did have to take in the waist by 3 cm because otherwise the pants were sitting too low. The pants stop just above the ankle...this is OK for sockless weather but not so much with socks!

Here's a close-up of the buttons (all decorative, hence the zipper):


And here's a close-up on the pocket lining. I didn't understand the directions for the pockets; the directions seemed to me to completely close up the pocket. So I just did what I thought looked right. I probably just misunderstood the directions...


I still have quite a bit of brown linen left, so I've started a new project: a skirt! I'm using Simplicity 2367.


I've already sewed the main seams, but I'm going to have to redo them because it's supposed to take a zipper but I can get in and out of it without using the zipper.

Happy May Day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your pants - they look great! I think the pockets turned out very nicely, and the decorative buttons add a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm happy with them so far; I hope they hold up well. :)

    ReplyDelete