Burda Jacket: It's *Nearly* Finished
I thought I'd give you an update on my jacket. It's nearly finished. I just have the button placket to install.
So, I'm on the home stretch, except that I also have to redo the collar because it's not sitting correctly.
Here's the proof:
When you take out some of the extra fabric inside, the collar lays better, so I guess that's what I'll be doing:
I previously had to redo some of the lining because I discovered it wasn't quite large enough when I was finishing the hem. I just made the seam allowances smaller in a couple places, like so:
The old seam allowance is glaringly obvious, but I'm not worried about it. I don't think people will be inspecting the inside of the jacket. :)
I can't lie, I will be happy when this project is over. It's taking forever!!