I was settled down on my couch reading one of my favorite blogs: Meg the Grand and when I got to the end of her post I had a surprise. Nid de Tissus is one of the blogs she chose to pass along the Stylish Blogger Award to!
Wow; that was unexpected. I'm just happy that I have some readers and I hope I don't bore you. So, here's a big THANK YOU to Meg. :)
I'll try to think of 7 things about me that you might like to know...
1) I spent several months living in a (big) tent with 5 other women on an (otherwise) uninhabited island (Sitkalidik) next to Alaska. We were students on an archaeology expedition. There were men there too, but not in our tent. :)
2) I walked dogs full-time for a year in Chicago. This is possibly the best job I've ever had. Dogs are great.
3) I have a piece of graphite visible in my palm from where I accidentally stabbed myself during my homework for middle school.
4) I had the good luck to live in Honolulu for 5 years before moving to Orleans, France (where I'm currently living).
5) I've been trying to learn German for forever and it's not quite sticking; but I really want to learn it!
6) I grew up in Mesa, AZ (outside of Phoenix) with my mom and older sister. I should've learned Spanish, but I studied French instead.
7) When I was 12 years old, I (accidentally) broke my dad's leg in a snowmobile accident. I was driving the snowmobile and I drove us over a fence.
It's hard to come up with 7 things! And it's hard to choose only 7 blogs to pass this award to. I'm going to limit my choices to craft/sewing blogs. If you don't want to participate, you don't have to, but I'm passing this award along to you:
Modern Vintage Cupcakes
Steph at 3 Hours Past the Edge of the World
Andi from Untangling Knots
Sarah from Rhinestones and Telephones
Carolyn from Handmade by Carolyn