Re-Organizing

I don't have a sewing room, so to speak, but I have some storage room in the living room. Here it is, under the windows:


Those are actually Ikea kitchen islands hidden by a table cloth. I had my patterns stored in the drawers, but I ran out of room a long time ago. So, I decided to rearrange things.

I bought some green baskets (after looking all over the place!) and things are looking a little better underneath there. I like green. :)


The other side is still looking pretty disorganized. That's my repair pile, next to my uncut pattern tracings:


This weekend was a bit of a clean-fest. I also donated two bags of clothing to the Red Cross and I am happy to be rid of them. In the process of cleaning out my closet, I found these jeans:


They fit perfectly well, but there is the drawback of the giant sparkly butterfly. I used to wear these to go dancing in, but I don't go to the clubs much anymore, so...I think it's time to get rid of the butterfly. No point in wasting a perfectly good pair of jeans!

I'm using a screw driver to remove the sparklies, but maybe there's a better way? It's a bit slow-going...


Other than that, I've just been plugging away at little things. I'm still working on my striped sweater. And here's a photo of the progress on my pants for my sewing class:


My teacher had me serge the edges last week and I finished the darts and started on the pockets. I'm happy to report that the serger no longer hates me...for now.

There's one thing that I did manage to finish this weekend. I put elbow patches on one of T.'s sweaters. This time it's a contrast look. I think this sweater may be the last one that was in the repair queue:


OH! And just a reminder, you still have one day (well, a little less, depending on your time zone) to enter into the give-away. You have until the end of Feb. 13, whatever your time zone. :)

Comments

  1. Thanks for showing your sewing space; and I love those green baskets. What a great find! It's so interesting seeing other's sewing environments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a lot more organised than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting order into your sewing space! I'm currently still sewing on our dinner table (not that much room in a 1.5 room apartment) with my taking up space on various book shelves... So looking forward to moving into a bigger apartment! Nice jeans, btw, and the pockets are looking good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts