I don't know why I thought this pattern would be easy!!! Terrible, terrible.
It fits in the bust and back, but now I have weird extra fabric on the shoulder strap. It's especially bad on the right side facing. And I don't know how to fix it!
Also, the points where the front meets the shoulder strap are not great. One side is not that bad, but the right side facing (again) is terrible and that the best I ended up with after three attempts.
Left side facing:
Right side facing:
I feel like this is going to end up being a shirt I can only wear under a cardigan!
Anyhow, I realized that it wouldn't be easy to button up the back buttons all by myself so I decided to sew together the back along a center seam and to install a side zipper.
I really like the idea of the buttons though (and I have matching orange buttons) so perhaps I'll put on some buttons just for decoration. Not down the center back though, that would look stupid now.
But then again, I might just chuck this shirt into the Never Finish/Scrap Pile!