The project belongs to both the Colette Spring Palette Challenge and the Summer Essentials Challenge. I have a vague list for my Summer Essentials Challenge; hopefully I'll get it together soon and share it with you :)
I had some problems. The instructions for inserting the sleeves were rubbish. I finally just had to put aside the instructions and look at the cover picture to figure out what I was supposed to do. But once I did that I had no problems (except my finicky sewing machine).
I also had problems with the bust darts. I suppose I should've done a small bust adjustment but I still don't know how to! So I sewed the darts as indicated in the directions and here was the result (excuse the chest close-up):
Little pointy triangles: no good! So I undid the darts and just did gathers instead. And I changed to a different bra - that also helped:
This was my first time sewing with cotton voile; I didn't find it much more challenging than usual. My needle was too big though. And the holes do show a bit where I took out stitches.
Another new thing for this project was using the elastic. I inserted the elastic around the neck; unfortunately it got twisted at least two times during the process and I was unable to fix it. It also doesn't show too much (I hope).
Things I did well: this time I did a much better job making the little button loop; and I'm happy with the stitching around the neck:
The weather is too cold to actually wear this outfit. And it was drizzling a bit when we went outside to take the photos so we did it quickly. I forgot to ask T. to take a photo of the back. But here's a funny shot: